The Borough of Prospect Park is constantly assessing the impacts of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in conjunction with Passaic County and the State of New Jersey.
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATES AND INFORMATION
Call (24/7): 1-800-962-1253
Text: NJCOVID to 898-211
Text: your zip code to 898-211 for live text assistance
ORDERS & NOTICES / RESOURCES
STATE OF NEW JERSEY
N.J. Judiciary has announced Municipal Court events are taking place virtually. Read More
N.J. Motor Vehicle Commission has announced closures through May 26, 2020. Read More
Federal REAL ID requirement has been extended for another year, until October 2021
N.J. state tax filing deadline extended from April 15th to July 15th. Read More
FASFA deadline for eligible college students extended from April 15th to June 1st. Read More
ALL New Jersey public schools will remain closed through the end of the academic year. Read More
Remote learning to continue until end of school year.
New Jersey to Launch Online Grocery Shopping for SNAP Recipients. Read More
New Jersey to Offer $100M in Rental Assistance for Tenants Affected by Coronavirus. Read More
UPDATES FOR SMALL BUSINESSES & NON-PROFITS:
- The U.S. SBA has approved Governor Murphy’s disaster designation request. NJ businesses crippled by this pandemic may now apply for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan program - up to $2M to overcome loss of revenue. See https://faq.business.nj.gov/en/articles/3789809
- The State of New Jersey is requesting the input of businesses and nonprofits to better understand how to help organizations get back to work safely and productively. By filling out COVID-19 Reopening/Recovery Online Survey about your operations you can help inform the State’s reopening strategy and upcoming business assistance opportunities. Please do not delay—the earlier you respond the more you will guide the recovery process.
- NJEDA Announces $50 Million Expansion of Grant Program for Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 - Anticipated Start Date: June 9, 2020 at 9:00AM : Funding now available for home-based businesses and sole proprietorships; some funds reserved for businesses in low-income communities.
Visit the following link to apply : https://faq.business.nj.gov/en/articles/3835237-what-is-the-status-of-the-njeda-small-business-emergency-assistance-grant-program-phase-2-application-open-tuesday-june-9-at-9-00-a-m
To learn more about NJEDA resources for businesses call NJEDA Customer Care at 609-858-6767 or visit https://www.njeda.com and follow @NewJerseyEDA on Facebook, Twitter , and LinkedIn.
COUNTY OF PASSAIC
TESTING: County of Passaic has announced the COVID-19 screening drive-thru site testing site at William Paterson University will now be testing all residents ONLY without a prescription for FREE . Read More
- OPEN from 9:00AM - 12:00PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Hours are based on test-kit availability.
- No symptoms and no appointment is required.
- Not a Passaic County resident? Find a test site near you
- To follow test center operations and live updates, visit here .
PASSAIC COUNTY CARES COVID-19 TEST AT HOME PROGRAM: Passaic County has partnered with Vault Health to offer FREE Covid-19 testing at home for all of our residents.
For more information and to register, visit here
PASSAIC COUNTY CARES FOOD DISTRIBUTION DRIVE-THRU : The Passaic County Board of Chosen Freeholders is announcing emergency food distribution events that are going to take place across Passaic County.
All Passaic County families are eligible to receive one box with non-perishable food items, upon showing proof of residency at specified dates and locations to be announced in the coming week.
COVID-19 RELIEF PROGRAMS (BUSINESS AND NON-PROFIT): The Passaic County Board of Chosen Freeholders and the Department of Planning and Economic Development have conducted two surveys to better understand the needs of Passaic County businesses and non-profit organizations after the New Jersey stay-at-home Executive Order was executed in response to COVID-19 concerns.
They will be better positioned to develop new strategies to promote and foster economic development in our community with your input.
- Please email email@example.com with any questions or for further information you may have.
Community Development Grant-CV Funding for Passaic County Non-Profit Organizations Applications are due on June 23rd. Please visit www.passaiccountynj.org/covid19relief to learn more about eligibility and to apply!
CLICK FOR: GUIDANCE FROM THE COUNTY OF PASSAIC
( BREAKING NEWS FOR THE BUSINESS COMMUNITY)
BOROUGH OF PROSPECT PARK
Official Statement From Mayor Mohamed T. Khairullah in Conjunction with Prospect Park Office of Emergency Management Confirming Prospect Park, NJ's First Presumptive Positive Coronavirus (COVID-19) Case.
PROSPECT PARK SECOND QUARTER PROPERTY TAX BILL UPDATE :
HOW TO CONTACT US :
For emergencies - please dial 9-1-1, otherwise for non-emergency police related matters dial 973-790-7900. To get in touch with Borough Hall staff, please dial 973-790-7902 ext. 529 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For a full list of Borough numbers, departments, and e-mails, please CLICK HERE
CLOSURES / SERVICES UPDATE
Effective Wednesday, March 25th ALL Municipal Offices will be CLOSED to the public until further notice. Extended hours on Tuesdays has been CANCELLED until further notice. For further direction, please CLICK HERE
'Save a Trip to Borough Hall' and how to still accomplish a service you may need.
Effective Thursday, March 19th, ALL 'No Parking' Rules SUSPENDED until further notice.
Hofstra Park facilities have been CLOSED to the public until further notice.
MEETING AND EVENT NOTICES :
Mayor & Council Work Session Meeting: Monday, June 1, 2020 at 6:30PM - CANCELLED
Mayor & Council Regular Meeting - Monday, May 18, 2020 at 6:30PM via ZOOM
Land Use Board Meeting - Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 6:30PM - CANCELLED
Passaic County Clerk's Outreach Services POSPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Passaic County Community College Outreach Services POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
ONGOING ACTIVITIES / PROGRAMS :
- Birthday Party Siren Drive-By Sign Up Courtesy of PPPD and PPFD
- College Graduate Siren Drive-By Sign Up Courtesy of PPPD and PPFD
- Sign Up to Receive Masks - Donations for Prospect Park Residents (Limited Supply)
- Masks Donation for Front Line Heroes and Healthcare Workers Living in Prospect Park
- Meat Donation Packets for Prospect Park Residents
- Support the Prospect Park Volunteer Fire Department - Annual Fund Drive via GoFundMe
- FREE HOME DVDs and VHS MOVIES TO WATCH WITH YOUR FAMILY - SIGN UP!
- DONATE A MEAL - PROSPECT PARK CARES COVID-19 MEAL IN-TAKE FORM
- Shop and Eat Local - Full List of Essential Businesses Operating in Prospect Park
COMMUNITY HIGHLIGHTS AND NEWS :
- Social Distancing Easter Egg Exploration Highlights
- Easter Bunny Drive-By Held in Prospect Park
- Prospect Park COVID-19 Community Blood Drive Highlights
- Prospect Park Will Sound Off Lights and Sirens for At-Home Kids' Birthdays
- "Sirens for Solidarity" in Prospect Park
- Prospect Park Mayor Keeps Residents Up to Date with Video Chats, Praises Educators
- Prospect Park Mourns Betty VanEewen, First Borough Councilwoman
- Residents and Staff At Preakness Healthcare Get a Boost from Passaic County
- Donor Gives 200 Meat Packages to Prospect Park Residents in Need
Mayor Khairullah encourages all residents and businesses to follow the Prospect Park, NJ Official Like Page , Prospect Park, NJ Group Page , and sign up for the CodeRED Emergency Notification System online and CodeRED Mobile Alert App in your Apple and Google Play Stores to receive FREE alerts and regular updates and up-to-date information on emergencies and everyday happenings occurring in our Borough.
Mayor Khairullah will provide updates and announce #COVID19 cases in Prospect Park. The Mayor asks that you remain vigilant in following the recommendations of Public Health Officials and Healthcare Professionals when it comes to social distancing, hand washing, covering coughs and sneezes and disinfecting common areas. Should you exhibit any symptoms of illness, consult your personal doctor to discuss treatment prior to making any visits.
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-2019) Resources :
- CDC – Get Your Household Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Disinformation vs. Facts - Stay Informed via NJ OEM and NJOHSP
- Passaic County – Coronavirus Q&A
- CDC – General Information Page
- CDC – Home Isolation Guide
- PVWC Facts You Need To Know About Coronavirus and Your Drinking Water
- NJDOH – Local Health Dept. Directory
- NJDOL Benefits and the Coronavirus (COVID-19): What Employees Should Know
- Bergen/Passaic County Consumer Affairs - TO REPORT PRICE GOUGING
- Office of U.S. Senator Cory Booker: A Coronavirus Pandemic Resource Guide
- Information for New Jersey Businesses
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Information, Resources, and Updates
- NJ Human Services Information Portal for Individuals, Families, and Providers
- SNAP and WFNJ Updates During Coronavirus
- Prospect Park - COVID-19 Informational Guide
- Prospect Park - COVID-19 Tips for Prevention
(COVID-19) Assistance and Relief Programs :
- Information on Testing and Test Sites
- NJEDA Economic Relief Package
- Rental Assistance Programs
- Residential Mortgage Relief
- NJ SNAP Benefits and Apply for NJ SNAP
- NJ WIC Food Substitutions
- NJ Energy/Utility Bill Assistance
- Federal Stimulus Checks under CARES Act
- Health Insurance Assistance
- NJ SAVE For Older Residents and Individuals with Disabilites
- Measures to Help Homeowners and Renters
- NJ Family Care - Supporting Healthcare (Medicaid and CHIP Enrollees)
- Emergency Childcare Centers OPEN for 'Essential' Workers
- To Report A Power Outage: Contact PSE&G
- NJ Department of Labor Unemployment Insurance Portal
- Check the Status of Your COVID-19 Economic Impact Payment
- Check Your Eligibility for Food Assistance, Cash Assistance, and Health Insurance
HOTLINES / HELPLINES :
- The New Jersey Department of Human Services Mental Health: 877-294-HELP (4357)
- NJ Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-572-7233
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- NJ Coalition Against Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-601-7200
- Women's Referral Central: 1-800-322-8092
- You can find a full list of the resources and numbers available HERE ➡️
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES : Businesses across New Jersey are looking to hire THOUSANDS OF WORKERS, including those who lost their jobs or have had hours reduced as a result of # COVID19 .
- Looking for work? Visit: https://jobs.covid19.nj.gov/
- Looking to hire? Visit: https://jobs.covid19.nj.gov/intake
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES : New Jersey needs the help of qualified health, mental health, and related professionals to supplement our health care capacity on a temporary basis.
- Prior Medical Experience: https://covid19.nj.gov/forms/volunteer
- Passaic County Test Center at WPU: email@example.com
TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONALS AND FIRMS : If you would like to support the State's COVID-19 response can complete a brief intake form here: http://www.covid19.nj.gov/tech