The Borough of Prospect Park is constantly assessing the impacts of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in conjunction with Passaic County and the State of New Jersey.
Call (24/7): 1-800-962-1253
Text: NJCOVID to 898-211
Text: your zip code to 898-211 for live text assistance
ORDERS & NOTICES / RESOURCES
STATE OF NEW JERSEY
N.J. Judiciary has announced Municipal Court events are taking place virtually. Read More
N.J. Motor Vehicle Commission has announced plans to reopen in stages Read More
- Federal REAL ID requirement has been extended for another year, until October 2021
- NJMVC COVID-19 Information - FAQ
N.J. TRANSIT COVID-19 Recovery Guidelines and Updates Read More
N.J. state tax filing deadline extended from April 15th to July 15th. Read More
FASFA deadline for eligible college students extended from April 15th to June 1st. Read More
ALL New Jersey public schools will remain closed through the end of the academic year. Read More
- Remote learning to continue until end of school year.
New Jersey to Launch Online Grocery Shopping for SNAP Recipients. Read More
COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program
New Jersey to Offer $100M in Rental Assistance for Tenants Affected by Coronavirus. Read More
New Jersey Department of Community Affairs is pleased to announce the COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance Program, which will provide temporary rental assistance to selected low and moderate income households who have experienced unemployment or reduced income due to the pandemic.
For more information on the program and how to apply, visit https://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/dhcr/offices/cverap.html . Enrollment opens July 6th and runs through July 10th.
UPDATES FOR SMALL BUSINESSES & NON-PROFITS:
- The U.S. SBA has approved Governor Murphy’s disaster designation request. NJ businesses crippled by this pandemic may now apply for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan program - up to $2M to overcome loss of revenue. See https://faq.business.nj.gov/en/articles/3789809
Phase 2 of NJEDA Small Business
Emergency Assistance Grant Program
- NJEDA Announces $50 Million Expansion of Grant Program for Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 - Anticipated Start Date: June 9, 2020 at 9:00AM : Funding now available for home-based businesses and sole proprietorships; some funds reserved for businesses in low-income communities.
Visit the following link to apply : https://faq.business.nj.gov/en/articles/3835237-what-is-the-status-of-the-njeda-small-business-emergency-assistance-grant-program-phase-2-application-open-tuesday-june-9-at-9-00-a-m
- NJEDA Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant, Phase 2 Information Now Available
Passaic County and NJEDA Partner to Administer $10 Million in
CARES Act-Funded Grants for Passaic County Businesses
Companies should apply as soon as possible!
Passaic County New Jersey is partnering with the New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) to award $10 million in grants to Passaic County businesses through Phase 2 of the Authority’s Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program. Passaic County is providing the funds and they will be distributed only to businesses located in Passaic County. Business owners can apply for funding at https://forms.business.nj.gov/grant-2/ .
Visit the following link to answer questions:
The $10 million grant program allocated for Passaic County businesses and organizations is part of Phase 2 of the NJEDA’s Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program. The county grant program will allow businesses and non-profits with fewer than 25 employees to apply for the grant, on a first come, first serve basis. The application is live and available at https://forms.business.nj.gov/grant-2/ . Applications are due June 30th, 2020.
If Passaic County businesses have already applied to the NJEDA grant during Phase 2 – they DO NOT need to reapply!
To learn more about NJEDA resources for businesses call NJEDA Customer Care at 609-858-6767 or visit https://www.njeda.com and follow @NewJerseyEDA on Facebook, Twitter , and LinkedIn.
COUNTY OF PASSAIC
AT HOME TESTING: Passaic County has partnered with Vault Health to offer FREE Covid-19 testing at home for all of our residents.
For more information and to register, visit here
MOBILE TESTING: Passaic County residents now have access to a COVID-19 saliva test at mobile testing sites. For more information, please visit
Testing Sites are open from 9:00AM - 3:00PM
Please note: You MUST still be a Passaic County resident
and a driver's license is REQUIRED.
PASSAIC COUNTY CARES FOOD DISTRIBUTION DRIVE-THRU : The Passaic County Board of Chosen Freeholders is announcing emergency food distribution events that are going to take place across Passaic County.
All Passaic County families are eligible to receive one box with non-perishable food items, upon showing proof of residency at specified dates and locations to be announced in the coming week.
The Board is distributing up to five hundred (500) boxes of food on a first come, first served basis. Residents are to stay in their vehicles, with windows shut, and will be instructed to open their trunks to receive a box of food.
Food Distribution Sites will be open from 12:30 to 2:30PM No arrivals before 11AM
COVID-19 RELIEF PROGRAMS (BUSINESS AND NON-PROFIT): The Passaic County Board of Chosen Freeholders and the Department of Planning and Economic Development have conducted two surveys to better understand the needs of Passaic County businesses and non-profit organizations after the New Jersey stay-at-home Executive Order was executed in response to COVID-19 concerns.
They will be better positioned to develop new strategies to promote and foster economic development in our community with your input.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for further information you may have.
Community Development Grant-CV Funding for Passaic County Non-Profit Organizations Applications are due on June 23rd. Please visit www.passaiccountynj.org/covid19relief to learn more about eligibility and to apply!
PASSAIC COUNTY LAUNCHES OPEN FOR BUSINESS MAP
The County of Passaic is compiling a list of establishments that are open for business – welcoming the public now that the New Jersey stay-at-home order has been lifted. As we recover from COVID-19 this will allow the public use an online mapping tool to find information on your local business such as operating hours, pickup and delivery options, and even where to access PPE supplies and services. We encourage you to share your business information by filling out this short questionnaire here .
The map will be going live to the public on Monday, June 22 nd . The questionnaire will stay open and businesses will be added on a continuous basis so if you cannot make the launch date you are not too late.
In addition to providing information to the public through the online map, businesses will receive the following benefits:
- A dedicated See Passaic County Facebook post.
- A dedicated three-part See Passaic County Instagram story.
- Inclusion on the See Passaic County - Open for Business page/
- The opportunity to speak with a Passaic County tourism representative to discuss goals and potential partnerships.
- Each of these benefits will be provided by December 31, 2020.
For help with the promotion of events, businesses are encouraged to share the details here .
For additional resources and information being offered by Passaic County such as testing, food distribution and grant opportunities please visit the COVID-19 information page here .
The County realizes that the status of operations for many businesses may be fluid, particularly as local, State and Federal rules evolve to respond to the pandemic. Modifications to the information submitted can be completed by contacting the Passaic County Division of Planning and Economic Development at email@example.com .
CLICK FOR: GUIDANCE FROM THE COUNTY OF PASSAIC
( BREAKING NEWS FOR THE BUSINESS COMMUNITY)
BOROUGH OF PROSPECT PARK
Official Statement From Mayor Mohamed T. Khairullah in Conjunction with Prospect Park Office of Emergency Management Confirming Prospect Park, NJ's First Presumptive Positive Coronavirus (COVID-19) Case.
GOVERNING BODY UPDATES:
HOW TO CONTACT US :
For emergencies - please dial 9-1-1, otherwise for non-emergency police related matters dial 973-790-7900. To get in touch with Borough Hall staff, please dial 973-790-7902 ext. 529 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For a full list of Borough numbers, departments, and e-mails, please CLICK HERE
CLOSURES / SERVICES UPDATE
Effective Wednesday, March 25th ALL Municipal Offices will be CLOSED to the public until further notice. Extended hours on Tuesdays has been CANCELLED until further notice. For further direction, please CLICK HERE
'Save a Trip to Borough Hall' and how to still accomplish a service you may need.
Effective Thursday, March 19th, ALL 'No Parking' Rules SUSPENDED until further notice.
Hofstra Park facilities have been CLOSED to the public until further notice.
Effective Monday, June 15th Prospect Park businesses have been authorized to apply for temporary outdoor dining and displays. For further direction and application information, please CLICK HERE
MEETING AND EVENT NOTICES :
Prospect Park Small Business NJEDA Information Session Recording
Borough Wide Garage Sale Re-Scheduled for Saturday, July 18, 2020 - MORE INFO
Spray Park to Operate Starting Saturday, July 11th thru Monday, Sept. 7th - MORE INFO
2020 Camp Hofstra to Return Monday, July 13th thru Friday, Sept. 4th - MORE INFO
Mayor & Council Work Session Meeting: Monday, July 6, 2020 at 6:30PM - CANCELLED
Mayor & Council Regular Meeting - Monday, June 15, 2020 at 6:30PM via ZOOM
Land Use Board Meeting - June 23, 2020 at 6:30PM - CANCELLED
Passaic County Clerk's Outreach Services POSPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Passaic County Community College Outreach Services POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
ONGOING ACTIVITIES / PROGRAMS :
- Birthday Party Siren Drive-By Sign Up Courtesy of PPPD and PPFD
- College Graduate Siren Drive-By Sign Up Courtesy of PPPD and PPFD
- Sign Up to Receive Masks - Donations for Prospect Park Residents (Limited Supply)
- Masks Donation for Front Line Heroes and Healthcare Workers Living in Prospect Park
- Meat Donation Packets for Prospect Park Residents
- Support the Prospect Park Volunteer Fire Department - Annual Fund Drive via GoFundMe
- FREE HOME DVDs and VHS MOVIES TO WATCH WITH YOUR FAMILY - SIGN UP!
- DONATE A MEAL - PROSPECT PARK CARES COVID-19 MEAL IN-TAKE FORM
- Shop and Eat Local - Full List of Essential Businesses Operating in Prospect Park
COMMUNITY HIGHLIGHTS AND NEWS :
- Social Distancing Easter Egg Exploration Highlights
- Easter Bunny Drive-By Held in Prospect Park
- Prospect Park COVID-19 Community Blood Drive Highlights
- Prospect Park Will Sound Off Lights and Sirens for At-Home Kids' Birthdays
- "Sirens for Solidarity" in Prospect Park
- Prospect Park Mayor Keeps Residents Up to Date with Video Chats, Praises Educators
- Prospect Park Mourns Betty VanEewen, First Borough Councilwoman
- Residents and Staff At Preakness Healthcare Get a Boost from Passaic County
- Donor Gives 200 Meat Packages to Prospect Park Residents in Need
- Prospect Park Residents Can Sign Up to Receive Masks Thank to Donation
- Prospect Park to Host Zoom Meeting with NJEDA and Medina = CITI for Local Business Grants
- Mayor Khairullah to Host to COVID-19 Update with Sen. Menendez
Mayor Khairullah encourages all residents and businesses to follow the Prospect Park, NJ Official Like Page , Prospect Park, NJ Group Page , and sign up for the CodeRED Emergency Notification System online and CodeRED Mobile Alert App in your Apple and Google Play Stores to receive FREE alerts and regular updates and up-to-date information on emergencies and everyday happenings occurring in our Borough.
Mayor Khairullah will provide updates and announce #COVID19 cases in Prospect Park. The Mayor asks that you remain vigilant in following the recommendations of Public Health Officials and Healthcare Professionals when it comes to social distancing, hand washing, covering coughs and sneezes and disinfecting common areas. Should you exhibit any symptoms of illness, consult your personal doctor to discuss treatment prior to making any visits.
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-2019) Resources :
- CDC – Get Your Household Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Disinformation vs. Facts - Stay Informed via NJ OEM and NJOHSP
- Passaic County – Coronavirus Q&A
- CDC – General Information Page
- CDC – Home Isolation Guide
- PVWC Facts You Need To Know About Coronavirus and Your Drinking Water
- NJDOH – Local Health Dept. Directory
- NJDOL Benefits and the Coronavirus (COVID-19): What Employees Should Know
- Bergen/Passaic County Consumer Affairs - TO REPORT PRICE GOUGING
- O ffice of U.S. Senator Robert Menendez: Coronavirus - What You Need to Know Guide
- Office of U.S. Senator Cory Booker: A Coronavirus Pandemic Resource Guide
- Information for New Jersey Businesses
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Information, Resources, and Updates
- NJ Human Services Information Portal for Individuals, Families, and Providers
- SNAP and WFNJ Updates During Coronavirus
- Prospect Park - COVID-19 Informational Guide
- Prospect Park - COVID-19 Tips for Prevention
(COVID-19) Assistance and Relief Programs :
- Information on Testing and Test Sites
- NJEDA Economic Relief Package
- Rental Assistance Programs
- Residential Mortgage Relief
- NJ SNAP Benefits and Apply for NJ SNAP
- NJ WIC Food Substitutions
- NJ Energy/Utility Bill Assistance
- Federal Stimulus Checks under CARES Act
- Health Insurance Assistance
- NJ SAVE For Older Residents and Individuals with Disabilites
- Measures to Help Homeowners and Renters
- NJ Family Care - Supporting Healthcare (Medicaid and CHIP Enrollees)
- Emergency Childcare Centers OPEN for 'Essential' Workers
- To Report A Power Outage: Contact PSE&G
- NJ Department of Labor Unemployment Insurance Portal
- Check the Status of Your COVID-19 Economic Impact Payment
- Check Your Eligibility for Food Assistance, Cash Assistance, and Health Insurance
- NJ DCA Emergency Rental Assistance Program - Apply Now
HOTLINES / HELPLINES :
- The New Jersey Department of Human Services Mental Health: 877-294-HELP (4357)
- NJ Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-572-7233
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- NJ Coalition Against Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-601-7200
- Women's Referral Central: 1-800-322-8092
- You can find a full list of the resources and numbers available HERE ➡️
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES : Businesses across New Jersey are looking to hire THOUSANDS OF WORKERS, including those who lost their jobs or have had hours reduced as a result of # COVID19 .
- Looking for work? Visit: https://jobs.covid19.nj.gov/
- Looking to hire? Visit: https://jobs.covid19.nj.gov/intake
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES : New Jersey needs the help of qualified health, mental health, and related professionals to supplement our health care capacity on a temporary basis.
- Prior Medical Experience: https://covid19.nj.gov/forms/volunteer
TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONALS AND FIRMS : If you would like to support the State's COVID-19 response can complete a brief intake form here: http://www.covid19.nj.gov/tech