Ken Valt, DPW Superintendent
162 N. 13 th St.
Prospect Park, NJ 07508
Phone: (973) 790-6654
Garbage Collection Schedule
Garbage pick-up days throughout the Borough are Mondays and Thursdays, except on federal holidays.
Garbage Collection Rules
- Maximum of 3 containers of trash may be put curbside for pick-up.
- Cardboard boxes as trash containers cannot be used.
- Trash containers cannot be placed curbside before 4:00PM the day before collection.
- Trash containers must be removed from curbside no later than 7:00PM of the day of collection.
- Bulk item pick-up day is every Thursday. Residents are limited to 1 bulk item per household every Thursday.
Recycling Collection Schedule
Recycling pick-up throughout the Borough is every other Saturday.
Recycling Collection Rules
The Borough offers single stream recycling collection. All acceptable recyclable materials listed can be placed unsorted in the same container for curbside recycling pick-up.
Acceptable Recyclable Materials:
- All missed paper
- Cardboard and cardboard boxes
- Metal containers
- Plastic containers
- Glass containers
Unacceptable Recyclable Materials:
- Plastic Bags
- Shredded Paper
- Drain Pipes
- Paint Containers
- Household Trash
- Plastic Toys
- Light Bulbs
- Wax Cardboard
- Tool Boxes
- Chemical Containers
- Rubber Hoses
- Flower Pots
- Food Trays or Party Platters (even if stamped #1, #2, or #5)
- Auto Glass or Plate Glass
What Prospect Park is Doing to Help Protect Against Stormwater Pollution
The Borough of Prospect Park prioritizes its responsibilities as mandated by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection’s Municipal Stormwater Regulation Program. The below links refer cover the Borough’s plans and ordinances pertaining to the prevention of stormwater pollution. More information regarding this topic is available at www.njstormwater.org .
Illicit Connection Ordinance (pdf)
Litter Ordinance (pdf)
Municipal Storm Water Management Plan - April 2006 (pdf)
Municipal Storm Water Pollution Plan (pdf)
Pet Waste Ordinance (pdf)
Refuse Containers Ordinance (pdf)
Storm Drain Inlet Retrofitting Ordinance (pdf)
Stormwater Control Ordinance (pdf)
Wildlife Feeding Ordinance (pdf)
Yard Waste Collection Ordinance (pdf)