CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATES AND INFORMATION 3/24/20
STATE OF NEW JERSEY NOTIFICATION: A free hotline number and website has been opened for the public to ask questions about Coronavirus.
I t is monitored 24 hours-a-day and is operated by the N.J. Poison Information and
Education System/N.J. Poison Center.
Call (24/7): 1-800-962-1253
Text: NJCOVID to 898-211
Text: your zip code to 898-211 for live text assistance
A hub for # COVID19 live updates, critical resources, expert knowledge, and vital information.
Governor Murphy Announces Statewide Stay at Home Order
Closure of All Non-Essential Retail Businesses
Governor Murphy Declares State of Emergency Announces Aggressive Social Distancing Measures to Mitigate Further Spread of COVID-19 in New Jersey
N.J. Judiciary has announced a 2-week suspension of Municipal Court. Read More
N.J. Motor Vehicle Commission has announced closures through April 12, 2020. Read More
N.J. state tax filing deadline extended from April 15 to July 15. Read More
County of Passaic has announced a COVID-19 screening drive-thru site will be open starting Wednesday, March 25. This site is open to Passaic County residents ONLY. All residents must have a prescription in order to get screened. Read More
- Passaic County in partnership with St. Joseph's Hospital is offering Telehealth Services if you need a prescription.
MUNICIPAL BUILDING OPERATIONS - CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
- Effective Wednesday, March 25th ALL Municipal Offices will be CLOSED to the public until further notice. Extended hours on Tuesdays has been CANCELLED until further notice. For further direction, please CLICK HERE.
- 'Save a Trip to Borough Hall' and how to still accomplish a service you may need.
- Effective Thursday, March 19th, ALL 'No Parking' Rules SUSPENDED until further notice.
- Per CDC and State of New Jersey guidelines - all public gatherings are CANCELLED until further notice.
- Hofstra Park facilities have been CLOSED to the public until further notice.
HAPPENING AROUND TOWN
- Easter Egg Hunt Reformatted to Social Distancing Easter Egg Exploration to be held Saturday, April 4th - Sunday, April 5th. Read More
- Prospect Park COVID-19 Community Blood Drive to be held Wednesday, April 8th from 10AM until 4PM - Donate Blood and Save a Life! Read More
- Shop and Eat Local - Full List of Essential Businesses Operating in Prospect Park
- FREE HOME DVDs and VHS MOVIES TO WATCH WITH YOUR FAMILY - SIGN UP!
- DONATE A MEAL - PROSPECT PARK CARES COVID-19 MEAL IN-TAKE FORM
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-2019) Resources :
- CDC – Get Your Household Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Passaic County – Coronavirus Q&A
- CDC – General Information Page
- CDC – Home Isolation Guide
- NJDOH – Local Health Dept. Directory
- COVID-19 Information for New Jersey Businesses
- COVID-19 NJEDA Economic Relief Package
- NJDOL Benefits and the Coronavirus (COVID-19): What Employees Should Know
- Bergen/Passaic County Consumer Affairs - TO REPORT PRICE GOUGING
- COVID-19 Rental Assistance Programs
- COVID-19 Residential Mortgage Relief
- COVID-19 NJ SNAP Benefits
- COVID-19 NJ WIC Food Substitutions
- COVID-19 Federal Stimulus Checks under CARES Act
- The New Jersey Department of Human Services has a toll free warm line activated during events that impact the mental health of New Jersey residents: 877-294-HELP (4357)
ATTENTION PROSPECT PARK SMALL BUSINESSES: The U.S. SBA has approved Governor Murphy’s disaster designation request. NJ businesses crippled by this pandemic may now apply for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan program - up to $2M to overcome loss of revenue. See https://faq.business.nj.gov/en/articles/3789809
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES: Businesses across New Jersey are looking to hire THOUSANDS OF WORKERS, including those who lost their jobs or have had hours reduced as a result of # COVID19 .
- Looking for work? Visit: https://jobs.covid19.nj.gov/
- Looking to hire? Visit: https://jobs.covid19.nj.gov/intake
Official Statement From Mayor Mohamed T. Khairullah in Conjunction with Prospect Park Office of Emergency Management Confirming Prospect Park, NJ's First Presumptive Positive Coronavirus (COVID-19) Case.
Mayor Khairullah encourages all residents and businesses to follow the Prospect Park, NJ Official Like Page , Prospect Park, NJ Group Page , and sign up for the CodeRED Emergency Notification System online and CodeRED Mobile Alert App in your Apple and Google Play Stores to receive FREE alerts and regular updates and up-to-date information on emergencies and everyday happenings occurring in our Borough.
Mayor Khairullah will provide updates and announce #COVID19 cases in Prospect Park. The Mayor asks that you remain vigilant in following the recommendations of Public Health Officials and Healthcare Professionals when it comes to social distancing, hand washing, covering coughs and sneezes and disinfecting common areas. Should you exhibit any symptoms of illness, consult your personal doctor to discuss treatment prior to making any visits.