NOTICE REGARDING CHANGE IN GARBAGE AND RECYCLING COLLECTION DAYS AND RULES
Notice to all Borough Residents & Businesses:
- Starting Monday, March 2, 2015, garbage collection days are Mondays and Thursdays, except on federal holidays.
- Bulk item pick-up is every Thursday and is limited to 1 bulk item per housing unit.
- Starting Saturday, March 7, 2015, recycling collection is every other Saturday. Recycling is now single stream collection. For curbside recycling pick-up, place acceptable recyclable materials unsorted in the same container.
|Acceptable Recyclable Materials||
|All mixed paper, cardboard boxes, metal, plastic and glass containers.||Plastic bags, wax cardboard, shredded paper, coolers, electronics, drain pipes, tool boxes, pesticides, chemical containers, paint containers, Styrofoam, household trash, rubber hoses, plastic toys, flower pots, mirrors, windows, light bulbs, food trays or party platters, even if stamped with #1, #2, or #5, auto glass or plate glass.|
For more information on the new garbage and recycling collection days and rules, please refer to the last page of the 2015 Borough Calendar, or call the Recycling Coordinator at 973-790-7902, ext. 516.
The Borough of Prospect Park is now accepting applications for the following two openings:
-Substitute School Crossing Guard: To apply, pick up an application at the Prospect Park Police Department.
-Part Time Code Enforcement Officer: Primary responsibility is to enforce the Borough's codes/ordinances relating to property zoning, maintenance, and construction rules and regulations. Inspects exterior of properties for safety hazards, unsightly appearance, unsanitary or unsafe conditions. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and references to Danielle Ireland, 106 Brown Ave, Prospect Park NJ 07508. Applications being accepted until March 2, 2015.
Monday, February 2, 2015- Municipal Office Delayed Opening
Due to the weather conditions, Prospect Park Municipal Administrative Offices will open at 12:00PM today Monday February 2.
Residents, please keep in mind the following reminders:
- Please do not shovel snow into the roadway as you clear your driveway and/or sidewalk areas.
- Please do not place items in the road to save parking spots.
- As you shovel, please do not cover fire hydrants with snow.
- Please follow your street's "No Parking Rules" or park your car in your driveway if you have one. This will help DPW as they work to clear the streets as best as possible.
Rescheduled January 26, 2015 Council Meeting
Due to inclement weather conditions on Monday, January 26, 2015, the Council Meeting scheduled at 6:30pm was cancelled. The meeting has been rescheduled for Friday, January 30, 2015 at 7:00pm.
Garbage Pick-up- January 28, 2015
Residents, please be advised that garbage collection will continue as scheduled. There will be regular garbage pick-up on Wednesday, January 28, 2015. There is no recycling pick-up on Wednesday, January 28, 2015.